Perform on the Farmers’ Market’s Sweet Beet Stage
Music can add a lot to the market scene. We are happy to have some of Calgary’s most talented musicians perform for you during market hours, whether we’re indoors or out. We’re also happy to provide a venue for those just starting out – there’s no need to be a professional.
If you’re interested in performing at the Farmers’ Market, here’s what you have to do. First, have a look at the calendar below and see if there’s a spot you’re available to fill. The Farmers’ Market operates indoors every Wednesday of the winter months. We move outdoors around May long weekend and run twice a week in the summertime – every Wednesdays 3pm-7-pm, and Saturdays 9:30am – 1:30pm. We ask that you choose a two-hour time slot, either 3-5pm, or 5-7pm on Wednesdays or 11:30 – 1:30 on acoustic Saturdays.
U17 – We also have an “under 17” monthly acoustic showcase on the first Saturday of the month in the summer. These can be 1hr or 2hr sets, just let us know your preference.
Once you have a date in mind, fill out the application form below with some basic information and the date and time you’d like to play. Our Music Coordinator will get back to you with confirmation and more information soon.
Please remember, musicians are not compensated by the Farmers’ Market but rely on the donations of market goers.
- All entertainers must fill out the Busker Application Form and be accepted by either the Market Manager or the Music Coordinator.
- Performers are not compensated by the Farmers’ Market.
- Performers may put out a hat, guitar case etc. to collect money.
- Performers must have been scheduled to play.
- Performances must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Performers must be considerate of vendors and the public, and their ability to engage with each other.
- The volume may at any time be adjusted by either the Market Manager or the Music Coordinator.
- Performers are asked to communicate with either the Market Manager or the Music Coordinator if they will be leaving or arriving at any time other the scheduled one.
- CDs are the only merchandise that may be sold unless permission is granted by the Market Manager or the Music Coordinator.
Download a complete list (pdf) of the sound equipment we have available.
Contact us directly with your preferred date(s), and links to your online music and/or social media.