Markets

The Hillhurst Sunnyside Farmers’ Market takes place at the Hillhurst Sunnyside Community Association in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Our summer markets are outdoors, rain or shine, every Wednesday from 3-7pm until October 8th, and Saturday from 9:30am-1:30pm until September 10th. Our indoor markets are held inside every Wednesday  from 3-7pm, from October through to the first week of May.

We strive to bring to the community a source of good quality, flavourful food and goods produced by local farmers, food creators and artisans.

The HSCA Farmers’ Market is distinguished as an ALBERTA  APPROVED FARMERS’  MARKET, through Alberta Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD). All Alberta Approved Farmers’ Markets must meet minimum guidelines established by the ARD. Each market incorporates those minimum requirements into their own rules and regulations. By participating in this provincial program, consumers can be sure they are purchasing the highest quality goods from local sources, where the practices of the market and the vendors meet high expectations and constantly strive to meet or exceed industry best standards. Of note, is the 80/20 vendor split required for all approved markets:

“Markets must maintain a minimum vendor split of 80/20 where 80% of the vendors sell Alberta products which they, a family member, a staff member or a member of a producer-owned cooperative or their staff have made, baked or grown. The remaining 20% of the products can be made up of out-of-province, resale or commercial products.”

This means consumers have the confidence of knowing that the majority of the goods purchased at the market will go to support the local economy.

Visit our About page to see our Farmers’ Market Manifesto and find out values and vision for the Hillhurst Sunnyside Farmers’ Market.

9f5a11_e05e8f845f964ffea7b74cdad06dc16a_new